3D Printing! We print 'em too!
3D printing technology has revolutionized the way we create, design and manufacture products. From medical implants to customized toys, 3D printing has made it possible to produce complex designs with speed and precision. With the rise of 3D printing, it has become easier than ever for entrepreneurs and hobbyists alike to make their own products. So if you have an idea for something you'd like to create, why not give 3D printing a try? You just might be surprised at what you can create!
ETL is equipped with a MakerBot Replicator and Flashforge 3D printers, which gives COE students access to this exciting technology. The 3D printer can print 3D models of one color from a selection of several colors. Request ETL to print your 3D model by submitting a request.
This service is available for College of Education students. Let us help you create the perfect 3D model.
- We print 3D models for students (requires approval from the professor), staff, and faculty within the UIC College of Education.
- Pre-Approval is required from the director of the ETL & there is no cost for College of Education.
- Please contact us at least ONE WEEK before your project due date.
- The requestor must be part of the UIC College of Education & must follow these instructions below:
Approval Heading link
- Users are required to contact Ernesto via email at email@example.com to get pre-approval. Please DO NOT send your files to Ernesto.
- Give your email the following title: 3D Printing Request – [Your Last Name, First Name]
List the following regarding your 3D design(s):
- Purpose of the poster(s) (if for a class, specify course number and name of professor)
- Position (e.g. student, faculty, staff)
- You should receive a reply via email within a few days that your request has been approved.
Preparing your 3D Design Heading link
- ETL will only accept .STL format files.
- It is the user’s responsibility that the model is made ready by the user.
Submitting your File Heading link
- Please submit your support and printing request here, along with your approval.
- For extensive files, please upload the file to OneDrive, Box, Google Drive and share a public link in the email.
- ETL will update the ticket to notify the user when the poster is completed and ready for pickup.
- Please allow up to one week after submitting your file for any updates on your 3D model.
Picking up your 3D Model Heading link
- ETL will reply via email when your 3D model is finished printing.
- Pick up your poster from the Educational Technology Lab in ETMSW 2027 during office hours.