How do I print at ETL?
Printing is available for COE students, faculty, and staff. Use your netid as username and UIN as a password. If you need additional pages, please talk to front desk.
For all other users not affiliated with the College of Education, there is another computer lab in the basement, room L278. Another closest location is C-Stop at the BSB building.
You may already be familiar with 2FA, as it is currently required to access the UIC VPN system and UI-System applications such as My UI Info and Banner Administrative Pages. The vast majority of students, faculty and staff have already signed up for 2FA, and we are encouraging remaining members to confirm their existing account or sign up for the service in preparation for 2FA being added to additional University services.
Duo Security is an industry leader in cybersecurity services, helping secure your account and the University’s sensitive data by adding an extra layer of security to logins. When logging in to university systems using your NetID and password, 2FA requires you to verify your identity using a second factor such as a mobile device, and prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if your password has been compromised. For the best possible user experience, you are encouraged to use the Duo App on iOS or Android.
Learn more about 2FA at go.uic.edu/2FA or visit the UIC Help Center articles below for answers to frequently asked 2FA questions:
How do I install and connect to the UIC Cisco VPN?
Instructions for installation and use of the VPN client can be found at:
How can I access Adobe Creative Cloud for University Staff?
Before attempting to Sign In please be sure you have ordered the Adobe Creative Cloud for University Staff Enterprise Access offer from WebStore.
Adobe Creative Cloud Enterprise Access Login Instructions
1. Open a current browser (IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox have been tested) and navigate to www.adobe.com .
2. Click on Sign In in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Enter your U of I Email address and click Continue.
5. On the ‘Select an account’ page, select ‘Company or School Account’ to log into the U of I Adobe portal.
6. Click on the ‘>’ arrow to continue.
7. You should then see your familiar campus Shibboleth login page. Enter your University netID and password, as usual. Click Login.
NOTE: You do not enter your full email address here, just your netID.
8. If requested, authenticate using the desired two-factor authentication (2FA) method.
9. When you see the Adobe landing page, you’re logged in!
10. Take a moment to verify that you have correctly logged in to your university Enterprise account by clicking on the blue circle in the upper right-hand corner of the landing page. You should see your name and university email address.
11. To download an app, look for, Your Services, Creative Cloud and click on Open. On the next page click on the Apps Tab.
You should see the list of available Adobe apps with the option to Download them.
NOTE: You should see ‘Download’ without a ‘Start free trial’ message.
12. When you are ready to sign out, click on the blue circle in the upper right-hand corner of the landing page and then click on ‘Sign Out’.
13. Close your browser.
How can I install MS Office 365 for UIC Students, Faculty and Staff?
In order to help our students, faculty and staff prepare for success, we’re providing Office 365 Office software to you free of charge. You will now be able to work in the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and much more. You can install your Office 365 software on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!) as well as 5 phones. All work can be saved online in OneDrive so it can be accessed no matter which device is being used. This software makes working together easier.
To get your Office 365 software follow these simple steps:
- Visit the UIC Office 365 Portal.
- Enter your @uic.edu email address.
- On the next page sign in with your @uic.edu email address and common password.
- Select your language if prompted.
- Click Install Now to begin installing.
- Return to the Office 365 portal and click on the OneDrive block to setup your OneDrive space.
Detailed instructions can be found here.
you may also find this FAQ helpful.