FAQ Heading link
How do I access ADNS File Shares?
To access EDUC ADNS, you will need the following:
- your AD NetID : ad\NetID
for example ad\adabyron. Pay attention to the format of your NetID
- Server ID, use: \\uic-cc-ss3.server.uic.edu\EDUC
- UIC common password
To access ETL COE ADNS, you will need the following:
- your AD NetID : Education\NetID
for example Education\adabyron. Pay attention to the format of your NetID
- The password you set during the request.
- Use ETL provided server ID, for shared folder access.
- Contact ETL, if password needs to be reset.
- Open File Explorer, right-click the This PC icon and select Map Network Drive
- For Drive:, use any unused letter, and for Folder:, use: \\uic-cc-ss3.server.uic.edu\dept_name
where “dept_name” is your department’s folder name.
- Click Different user name and enter your AD credential: AD NetID and common password as described above.
- Click Finish to map your Network Drive.
- From Finder’s top menu select Go then Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field enter smb://uic-cc-ss3.server.uic.edu/
- Click on Connect.
Connect to Server dialog
- Enter your UIC NetID (without @uic.edu)
- Enter your Technology Solutions password
- Click Connect.
- You will need VPN while off-campus for both ADNS.
- For ETL COE ADNS, you will need to contact ETL to be added to college VLAN, so you can access over Wi-Fi or from home.
- Please send us firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with ADNS.
- your AD NetID : ad\NetID
If you cannot log in to U of I Box using your NetID and password, your uic.edu email address may be associated with an unmanaged, personal account.
To resolve the conflict, you can either join your existing personal account to our managed enterprise (if you have already been using your personal Box account for U of I data), or change the personal account’s primary email address to an external email address of your choice so you may register an enterprise account (if you have been using your personal Box account for personal data).
NOTE: If you already have data on your personal account or someone has shared files with it, please log at ticket in the UIC Help Center for assistance. A Box administrator must assist for the content to be moved over.
Accessing your Personal AccountAn unmanaged account must be accessed with a Box-specific password. You can regain access to an unmanaged, personal Box account using the password reset form at https://account.box.com/login/resetNote: If you have an unmanaged personal Box account, please do not delete the account, as this will make it more difficult to move the account into our Enterprise.
Joining the U of I Box EnterpriseTo request an enterprise invitation, visit the Cloud Dashboard and attempt to activate your U of I Box account. After you click the “On” button next to U of I Box, the system will determine if you have an existing personal account and send an invitation to join it to our enterprise. This invitation will be visible at the top of your folders list in Box Web. If you have a personal account it will say pending until the invite is accepted.
Changing your Personal Account EmailYou may choose to change the email address associated with your personal Box account to an email address not associated with the university. Do this if you want to keep your current account and contents separate from your managed U of I Box account.
- Sign into your personal Box account. See “Accessing your Personal Account” above.
- Click your name/picture in the top right corner.
- Click “Account settings” from the pulldown menu.
- From the “Account” tab, scroll down to “Login and Email Addresses”
- Click “Add more emails”
- Add a different email address and click “Save”.
- After verification, you will need to make the new address the primary and remove your university address from your personal account.
This will free up your UIC e-mail so that you can setup an enterprise account from here : cloud-dashboard.illinois.edu
Your managed, enterprise account will have unlimited online storage quota and requires your NetID and password to authenticate.
How do I print at ETL?
Printing is available for COE students, faculty, and staff. Use your netid as username and UIN as a password. If you need additional pages, please talk to front desk.
For all other users not affiliated with the College of Education, there is another computer lab in the basement, room L278. Another closest location is C-Stop at the BSB building.
You may already be familiar with 2FA, as it is currently required to access the UIC VPN system and UI-System applications such as My UI Info and Banner Administrative Pages. The vast majority of students, faculty and staff have already signed up for 2FA, and we are encouraging remaining members to confirm their existing account or sign up for the service in preparation for 2FA being added to additional University services.
Duo Security is an industry leader in cybersecurity services, helping secure your account and the University’s sensitive data by adding an extra layer of security to logins. When logging in to university systems using your NetID and password, 2FA requires you to verify your identity using a second factor such as a mobile device, and prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if your password has been compromised. For the best possible user experience, you are encouraged to use the Duo App on iOS or Android.
Learn more about 2FA at go.uic.edu/2FA or visit the UIC Help Center articles below for answers to frequently asked 2FA questions:
How do I install and connect to the UIC Cisco VPN?
Instructions for installation and use of the VPN client can be found at:
How can I access Adobe Creative Cloud for University Staff?
Before attempting to Sign In please be sure you have ordered the Adobe Creative Cloud for University Staff Enterprise Access offer from WebStore.
1. Open a current browser (IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox have been tested) and navigate to www.adobe.com .
2. Click on Sign In in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Enter your U of I Email address and click Continue.
5. On the ‘Select an account’ page, select ‘Company or School Account’ to log into the U of I Adobe portal.
6. Click on the ‘>’ arrow to continue.
7. You should then see your familiar campus Shibboleth login page. Enter your University netID and password, as usual. Click Login.
NOTE: You do not enter your full email address here, just your netID.
8. If requested, authenticate using the desired two-factor authentication (2FA) method.
9. When you see the Adobe landing page, you’re logged in!
10. Take a moment to verify that you have correctly logged in to your university Enterprise account by clicking on the blue circle in the upper right-hand corner of the landing page. You should see your name and university email address.
11. To download an app, look for, Your Services, Creative Cloud and click on Open. On the next page, click on the Apps Tab.
You should see the list of Adobe apps with the option to Download them.
NOTE: You should see ‘Download’ without a ‘Start free trial’ message.
12. When you are ready to sign out, click on the blue circle in the upper right-hand corner of the landing page and then click on ‘Sign Out’.
13. Close your browser.
How can I install MS Office 365 for UIC Students, Faculty and Staff?
In order to help our students, faculty and staff prepare for success, university is providing Office 365 Office software to you free of charge. You can install your Office 365 software on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!) as well as 5 phones.
To get your Office 365 software, follow these steps:
- Visit the UIC Office 365 Portal.
- Enter your @uic.edu email address.
- On the next page, sign in with your @uic.edu email address and common password.
- Select your language if prompted.
- Click Install Now to begin installing.
- Return to the Office 365 portal and click on the OneDrive block to setup your OneDrive space.
Detailed instructions can be found here.
you may also find this FAQ helpful.