The ETL offers daily technical support for students, faculty, staff in the college of Education. Drop in at our lab during our open hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support.
- We do NOT provide research or statistical support, such as choosing a correct model, setting up a hypothesis, proofreading, formatting, interpreting a graph, or help with assignments.
ETL Support Heading link
General Assistance Heading link
ETL staff may provide general help to College of Education students, faculty, and staff in the college of Education regarding:
- Setting up new devices
- Remote Desktop applications
- Networking and other network devices support
- UIC-WiFi connection issues
- UIC-WiFi temporary guest access
- Malware, virus and unwanted software removal
- Data recovery and restoration
- Hardware & Software installation/troubleshooting, part replacements and upgrades
- Multimedia support, such as editing, encoding the videos, VHS to digital format
- Temporary equipment checkout / loaner equipment, such as projectors, computers, video cameras, microphones, webcams, iPads, double robotics, smart board
- Classroom* technology support – College owned classrooms and meeting rooms
- Software installation (see below)
* limited to college owned lecture rooms in ETMSW floors 1 and 3 and one in the basement. 2nd floor lecture rooms are maintained by the university (email@example.com) and we can only provide general troubleshooting.
Software Assistance Heading link
Below are some software we provide and install /troubleshooting for student, staff and faculty use: