ETL staff may provide general assistance to students, faculty, and staff in the college of Education regarding:
- Setting up new devices
- UIC-WiFi connection issues
- UIC-WiFi temporary guest access
- Malware, virus and unwanted software removal
- Data recovery
- Hardware troubleshooting, part replacements and upgrades
- Multimedia support, such as editing, encoding the videos, VHS to digital format
- Temporary equipment checkout / loaner equipment, such as projectors, computers, video cameras, microphones, webcams, iPads, doule robotics, smart board
- Classroom* technology support
- Software installation (see below)
* limited to lecture rooms in ETMSW floors 2 and 3
Below lists software we provide and install for student and faculty use:
Doctoral Presentation Assistance
Students presenting their doctoral dissertation proposal/defense may seek assistance through ETL in handling technology in the meeting rooms on the 3rd floor of ETMSW (3015, 3312).
If you are presenting and have participants calling in, ETL can assist in the use of WebEx, Zoom, Skype, MS Teams. This makes it possible for users to present their screen during presentations to remote participants and still have face-to-face interaction.