Virtual Computing Instructions Heading link
ETL offers multiple high performance servers for accessing various softwares for research, multimedia and statistical purpose.
Please note that this is a shared resource and please log off after using the session.
Remote provides the ability to use specialty software without leaving home and without installing on your computer. This service is free for UIC College of Education Student, Staff and Faculty.
- Please backup your files periodically. Files left locally on the machines may be deleted during the cleaning cycle.
- Sessions that are idle or disconnected for long will be logged off.
- All campus IT policies apply and all computer use is logged.
- Please do not use over one machine at a time.
- If you abuse this privilege, we will block you from using the service.
- We reserve the right to schedule downtime for maintenance on the machines. If this happens, we will try to give as much notice as possible.
- Please contact us or your instructor to have access to the server.
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop. Apple users, please download the app from Mac App Store.
- STATS & other Servers Name: Email us or the one you received from your instructor.
- User Name: You will need UIC NetID and UIC common password. (Example: ad\mpant | password: UIC common password)
- ETL Server Detailed Instructions.
- Please SIGN OUT to save resources for others. Don’t simply close the remote desktop. Click start > Click on user icon > Click on “Sign out”.
- New users: If you do not see any applications, please wait for a few minutes, since the server may still be busy setting up your new account.
- Sometime apps may not show up on search. Please click on start > scroll to the application that you need. Righ click and pin the apps for easier access. There is also a desktop folder with app shortcuts.
- Any technical issues please send a support request to us.