Equipment Loan & Reservation
ETL provides LAB Reservations and Equipment Reservations, Loaner / Rental Equipment's for the UIC College of Education students, staff and faculty.
For classes, ETL has two large projectors available in the computer lab. These are connected to a separate Windows computer on the podium. There are separate remotes provided to turn each projector on/off. ETL staff are available to demonstrate for instructors. For equipment rental, once your status has been verified, and as long as the inventory of devices remains available, on-campus pickup will be coordinated.
- The expectations for return (Online reservation, Temporary Checkout) of the laptops and other equipment's is 4 weeks.
- You are responsible for returning the laptop/hotspot when requested, and in the same condition that it was received.
- Once you graduate or if you stop being a UIC student, you are required to return the equipment to the university.
- If the laptop or other equipment is lost or stolen, it is your responsibility to report the loss or theft immediately to the UIC Police at (312) 996-2830 and provide ETL with the case number.
- For college room reservations please visit here.
Equipment Reservation & Loan
GENERAL EQUIPMENT RENTALS-Windows and Mac notebooks-Projectors – Regular or Palm-sized (Pico projectors)-Video Recorders – Palm sized with wireless mics (Kodak Zi8, Kodak Zi12) to regular handy-cam ( Samsung HMX F80)-Cameras (Canon Powershot S5)-Tripods-Other equipment’s and accessories
Creative Technology-LEGO & Ozobot Robotics: Learn how to build robots and CODE programming.-Little Bits: Platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks.-Makey Makey: Electronic invention tool based on electric conductivity to computer programs.
INSTRUCTIONAL EQUIPMENT'S-Mobile Computer Lab – 25 laptops per cart (Windows and Macs)-Smartboard-Telepresence Robots (Double Robotics)-Magnets-Electrical & Gravitational Devices-CODE & Finch: Small Robot to teach & learn computer programming languages
Note: If you are planning on renting or loaning the equipment for the whole semester, please do not use the reservation system. Reservation is for people who needs equipment’s for short time.
UIC reserves the right to charge fines, suspend access to IT resources (including computer labs, UIC wireless network, etc), and/or prevent class registration and access to transcripts if the laptop/hotspot is not returned or is returned late, or is damaged, lost, or stolen through negligence.
If you are NOT a part of UIC College of Education, please contact central IT at LTS@uic.edu with any questions regarding equipment loans.